Sunday, May 3, 2009


I certainly agree with Manny, the entire country is in a standstill during his fight.

Manny Pacquiao is now considered a national hero. Although, I still have second-thoughts with him being branded as a hero. I prefer to call him an 'inspiration'.

Manny has this cordial aura whenever he comes out of the locker room towards the boxing ring. The smile and humble charm makes him a notable fighter. You may feel that I am biased towards him because I am also a Filipino, but I think other people of different race feels that same way too.

Manny has associated himself with the 'masses'. And in this country where 40% of the 90 million population is poor, Manny Pacquiao's immancipation from poverty is everybody's dream too.

I am not happy because after this euphoria and madness, desperation and hopelessness will once again swallow the dream of the Filipino people. It is so sad, that after this fight, after this one-day triumph, will be another battle for survival.

I hope that the kind of spirit, that sense of unity and nationalism, will continue and prevail.

The Filipinos have long been waiting for the day when they can show the rest of the world that they are a nation of brotherhood and courage, not of 'servants'.

I think it is a great opportunity for us to shift the world view towards our nation.

Sadly, as I watch the super-delayed telecast in GMA-7, I am once again frustrated with the amount of advertisements that bombarded my boob tube. I observed that 60% of the ads are about adhesives and 20% about energy and vitality supplements, the rest are about government ads.

And hey, don't forget about the akonamismo.org ads which I strongly believe should be given an utmost priority.

For now, many thanks for Manny for giving us one more chance to be proud again.


Templateify

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae abtore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit

0 comments